Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Golden Rule for All People: Jonah 3.1-4.1

Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast,

and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them. Jonah 3.4-5


  1. God's grace is universal. v. 2

Anyone can be saved.

Race, education, economics, family, nationality are immaterial.


  1. Love your enemies. vv. 4-5

The love of God should flow from us to others.

We need to stop putting up obstacles to the gospel.


  1. God restores sinners. v. 10

He restored you when you were a sinner.


  1. You do not have the right to be angry. 4.1

God is in charge.

Your opinion does not matter.

Heart Check: Are you ready to receive the love of God, and share that unconditional love with others?


Take Away Point-

I sometimes think that I am better than others.

I sometimes think that I am better than I am.

Today I commit myself to love all people, all the time.

No comments: