Friday, March 9, 2012

The Word of God: Psalm 119

The Word of God

11 March 2012, Third Sunday of Lent

Psalm 119


Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Psalm 119.33-34


Some thoughts on Psalm 119


Reasons to study and know the Word of God:


  1. To be blessed by God.

    Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
    Who walk in the law of the Lord!
    v. 1

  1. To live a pure life.

    How can a young man cleanse his way?
    By taking heed according to Your word. v. 12


  1. To be able to share faith with others.

    So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,
    For I trust in Your word. v. 42

  2. The Bible is better than wealth and fame.

    The law of Your mouth is better to me
    Than thousands of coins of gold and silver. v. 72



Take Away Point-

Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path. Psalm 119.105


No comments: