Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Truly Converted: 1 John 4.20-5.5

 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5.3

Part One: How to know you are truly converted-

  • You confess Jesus as Lord.
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God,
God abides in him, and he in God. 1 John 4.15

  • You find misery in personal sin.
Whoever has been born of God does not sin, because he has been born of God. 1 John 3.9

  • You enjoy fellowship with other Christians.
By this we know that we love the children of God,
when we love God and keep His commandments. 1 John 5.2

  • You are obedient to Christ.
 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. 1 John 5.3

Part Two: How to be truly converted-

  • Repent of your sins.
  • Ask Jesus to come into and live in your heart.
  • Plan to live with Jesus' priorities in the future

Take Away Prayer-
Lord, I am not what I should be. I have sinned, and I continue to sin.
I'm sorry for that. I need your help. Come into my heart. Forgive my sins.
Live in me and make me new.
Help me to live for you and to stay in your will.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: