Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Listening to Sermons/ Study

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2.15 (KJV) 

Listening to Sermons-

  • Prepare yourself physically.

  • Prepare yourself spiritually.

  • Open yourself to what God wants to say and do.

  • Pointers:
    • Bring your own Bible with you and follow along.
    • Take notes and listen for application.
    • Reflect and discuss what you hear and learn.

Study-

  • Commit yourself to reading some 'good' Christian literature.

  • Join, or start, a group for study, reflection and learning.
    • A Sunday School class or Bible study group would be a good start.

  • Develop a plan to learn more about God and his word.

Take Away Point-
I will not take my faith for granted.
I will learn as much as I can
as often as I can

for as long as I can.

No comments: