Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2.15 (KJV)
Listening to Sermons-
- Prepare yourself physically.
- Prepare yourself spiritually.
- Open yourself to what God wants to say and do.
- Bring your own Bible with you and follow along.
- Take notes and listen for application.
- Reflect and discuss what you hear and learn.
- Commit yourself to reading some 'good' Christian literature.
- Join, or start, a group for study, reflection and learning.
- A Sunday School class or Bible study group would be a good start.
- Develop a plan to learn more about God and his word.
I will not take my faith for granted.
I will learn as much as I can
as often as I can
for as long as I can.