He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death,
even the death of the cross. Philippians 2.8
A great pillar of the Christian faith is:
Christ humbled himself.
He did this so that we could be exalted.
- He gave up his 'god-ness' (v. 6)
- He became a man. (v. 7)
- He became a servant of men. (v. 7)
- He allowed himself to die. (v. 8)
- He submitted to execution. (v. 8)
- He submitted to crucifixion. (v. 8)
We should then humble ourselves...
- So that Christ can be exalted.
- So that we can be exalted.
Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you in due time. 1 Peter 5.6
We humans think a lot of ourselves. We should think more than we do of Christ.
As we exalt him, we are humbled.
When we humble ourselves he is able to lift us up.