Monday, October 14, 2013

Physical Health: 1 Corinthians 6.12-20

You were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit,
which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6.20

Too often Christians try to separate the spiritual from the physical.
In this way it is easier for us to justify our own sins and weaknesses.
But God is interested in our bodies as well as our spirits.

So...
  1. Consider what you put into your body.
Be careful about types and amounts of food.
Avoid substances that will hamper your relationship with God.
Stay away from chemicals that will harm your body or spirit.

  1. Consider what you do with your body.
Don't be foolish about your activities.
Develop your body to glorify God.

  1. Consider what you do with the bodies of other people.
Your actions have consequences for others..

  1. Consider how your body is used in worship.
We are to worship God with everything we have and everything we are.

Take Away Point-
I long to serve God with every part of me.
I want to give him my best with my whole body.

That means that I commit myself to serve God physically.   

No comments: